2014 NORTH AMERICAN NGV CONFERENCE & EXPO SLATED FOR KANSAS CITY
NGVAmerica is pleased to announce that the 2014 North American NGV Conference & Expo will be held November 10–14 at the Kansas City Convention Center (KCCC) in Missouri and will be co-hosted by NGVAmerica and the Canadian NGV Alliance (CNGVA). Supporting organizations include the Kansas City Regional and Central Kansas Clean Cities coalitions (both managed by Metropolitan Energy Center), and a number of national niche market sector trade associations. Centrally located Kansas City was selected after reviewing other major tradeshow and conferences slated for fall, in order to avoid scheduling conflicts, evaluating convention facility capacities and availabilities, and gauging regional and local organization logistical and promotional support. The KCCC offers excellent meeting and exposition facilities. Favorable discounted block rates have been secured at several conveniently located major brand hotels adjacent to or within a one to two block walk from the center.
After a very successful sold-out event in Atlanta this past November—at which there were approximately 1,100 attendees, including 300 expo-hall only visitors—NGVAmerica has increased capacity this year, contracting for 95,000 sq. ft. of expo space (a 20 percent increase over last year), and booking additional breakout rooms for an expanded educational program. While the program is still under development, pending additional input from a soon-to-be-created Conference & Expo Planning Committee, current plans are as follows:
• Monday, November 10 — Decorator set-up, large vehicle move-in, registration opens.
• Tuesday, November 11 — Remaining exhibitor move-in, morning site visits, NGVAmerica Annual Meeting and Board Meeting, miscellaneous NGVAmerica and Clean Vehicle Education Foundation committee meetings, expo hall grand opening and welcome reception.
• Wednesday, November 12 — Opening plenary session, afternoon breakout sessions and concurrent exhibit time, and an evening reception.
• Thursday, November 13 — Exclusive expo time in the morning, afternoon breakout sessions concurrent with expo hall time, evening reception and entertainment.
• Friday, November 14 — closing plenary session, adjournment at noon.
NGVAmerica, CNGVA and the event’s supporting organizations plan a major outreach campaign targeting public and private fleet operators across the full spectrum of niche market sectors and representing the full slate of light, medium and heavy duty vehicles; federal, state and local policy makers; natural gas industry stakeholders, including the exploration and production, mid-stream and distribution sectors; C-store, truck stop and other fuel station developers and operators; the investment community; and clean- air/clean-transportation policy advocate-allies. Projected attendance is expected to exceed 1,500.
NGVAmerica will launch the 2014 North American NGV Conference & Expo web site very soon, including information about exhibit and sponsorship opportunities, lodging options and rates, registration rates and other program details. For now, save the date on your calendar and plan to join us in Kansas City next November!