NGVAmerica Announces 2018 Coast-to-Coast NGV Road Rally
NGVAmerica and partners are excited to announce plans for this year’s 2018 Drive NatGas ‘Sea-to-Shining-Sea’ NGV Road Rally Across America.
The road rally will launch in late September from an even on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, traveling westward until concluding on Wednesday morning, November 14 at the start of NGVAmerica’s 30th Anniversary Annual Meeting & Industry Summit in Palm Springs, California.
The benefits of using CNG, LNG, and RNG in transportation and the variety of vehicles commercially available today operating on natural gas will be incorporated into multiple stops throughout the country. This year, we expect to highlight all aspects of natural gas use in transportation—everything from traditional on-road refuse, transit, school transport, delivery, and long-haul trucking uses to emerging off-road marine, rail, and construction/mining applications—at events all along the route.
This event is an ideal opportunity for all NGV stakeholders to showcase their investment in clear air technology. Events across the country will draw media attention to the historic VW settlement program and serve to educate loca, state, and federal officials on how NGVs are the most cost-effective use of funds for clean transportation projects outlines in the $2.9 billion Environmental Mitigation Trust Fund.
Sponsorship opportunities are available to help make this national media event a success. There are three ways to support this effort:
- Become a 2018 Road Rally Sponsor ($1,500)
- Sponsor a venue/host a stop (absorb the cost of an event/stop at the location of your choice)
- Vehicles: we need NGVs at each stop in addition to volunteers to provide several vehicles to participate in the road rally, whether it be driving the entire coast-to-coast route or simply participating in one or more legs of the trip along the way.
Last year’s successful 18-stop, 4,850-mile trip from Long Beach, California to Washington, DC accomplished several important goals:
- Created a celebratory atmosphere around the benefits of NGVs that supporters of the rally used with customers and policymakers
- Provided a venue to present ~50 awards to state officials and stakeholders who championed natural gas issues
- Served to educate attendees on NGVs’ value propositions
- Highlighted the growth of renewable natural gas (RNG) and its expended transportation fuel benefits
- Proved that NGV range anxiety is a myth
- Garnered positive media attention
Sixty companies and organizations were involved last year. Please consider having your company host an event in your community this year!
For more information and to secure a date for your stop, contact Jodi Major at 703.625.0577 or email@example.com.