California Dairy Sustainability Summit Announces 2018 Speaker Roster
NGVAmerica is proud to endorse this inaugural summit that will highlight how dairy farmers can improve their environmental impact and bottom
The California Dairy Sustainability Summit, which will highlight California’s achievements in sustainable dairy farm practices, announced the speaker lineup for its inaugural event, taking place November 27-28, 2018 at the Sacramento Convention Center. The Summit, co-hosted by Dairy Cares, Dairy Council of California, California Milk Advisory Board, California Dairy Quality Assurance Program, and the California Research Foundation, will bring together prominent California dairy leaders to discuss techniques for increasing economic and environmental sustainability.
Throughout the two-day event, attendees will have an opportunity to hear from dozens of industry experts through a series of panel discussions and keynotes. In addition, the Expo Hall will offer an opportunity for dairy farmers and operators to learn about new ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and meet environmental challenges with cost-effective solutions.
Panel discussions will focus on timely topics, including the appropriate role of regulations and incentives as a method to improve sustainability, shifting dairy consumption trends, and dairy’s role in a healthy and sustainable diet. The Summit will also cover California dairy farmers’ efforts to enhance water supply, improve air quality, and protect the climate.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Karen Ross, Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Frank Mitloehner, PhD, Professor and Air Quality Specialist, Department of Animal Science at the University of California, Davis
- Linda Eatherton, Partner, Managing Director Global Food & Beverage, Ketchum
- Bob Langert, President, Mainstreaming Sustainability, Editor at Large, GreenBiz Group, Retired McDonald’s VP of Sustainability
- Brian Fiscalini, CEO, Fiscalini Farms and Cheese Company
- Ashley Boren, Executive Director, Sustainable Conservation
- Frank Cardoza, Consultant, Dairy Works, Farm Manager, Phillip Verwey Farms
- Anja Raudabaugh, Chief Executive Officer, Western United Dairymen
- Samir Sheikh, Executive Director, San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Aaron Wickstrom, Managing Partner, Wickstrom Dairies L.P. and Valsigna Farms
- David Blakemore, President, Animal Nutrition & Health, DSM
- Paul Sousa, Director of Environmental Services and Regulatory Affairs, Western United Dairymen
- Annette Jones, D.V.M., Director and State Veterinarian, Animal Health and Food Safety Division, CDFA
- Emias Kebreab, PhD, Professor and Sesnon Endowed Chair, Sustainable Animal Agriculture Department of Animal Science, UC Davis
- Neil Black, President, California Bioenergy
- Kevin Abernathy, General Manager, Milk Producers Council
- Marianne Smith Edge, MS, RDN, LD, FADA, FAND, Founder and Principal, The AgriNutrition Edge
- Cliff Gladstein, President, Gladstein, Neandross & Associates
- Katie Brown, Ed.D., RDN, Senior Vice President Sustainable Nutrition, National Dairy Council
- Jack Broadbent, Chief Executive Officer, Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- Cindy Schweitzer, PhD, Principal, Schweitzer Consulting
Additional speakers will be announced over the next few weeks. Register by September 28, 2018 to save with early bird rates. Dairy farmers can register for just $50 through October 19. For more information, visit www.cadairysummit.com.