Final Plan Allocation
- 55% or $6.93 million – On-Road Heavy Duty Vehicles including Class 8 local freight trucks, Transit buses & School buses, and Class 4-7 local freight trucks
- 15% or $1.89 million - Light Duty Zero Emissions Vehicle Supply Equipment
- 10% or $1.26 million flexible funding all categories
- 5% or $630,000 DERA Option
- 15% or less or not more than $1.89 million
Funding Opportunity for School Buses - Deadline Jan. 11, 2021
The Montana Clean School Bus Program has opened a grant for all school districts in Montana to replace diesel buses with battery-electric or certified low nitrogen oxide emission school buses. Funding for low-NOx buses is capped at 35% of the cost or maximum of $31,500 per bus. Schools may apply to replace more than one bus but must complete a separate application for each bus. DEQ recently held a webinar for school district administrators interested in learning more about this grant opportunity. In addition to using funds from the Volkswagen Settlement, this program is supplemented by funding from the Environmental Protection Agency. The application deadline for this opportunity is Jan. 11, 2021. For additional details on the grant opportunities and eligibility, please visit: https://deq.mt.gov/Energy/transportation/VW-Settlement-Page.