The DEQ Beneficiary Mitigation Plan includes the following allocations:
Up to 45% On-Road
Up to 5% Non-Road Equip
Up to 5% Non-Road Railroad
Up to 45% Non-Road Marine
Up to 5% DERA
15% EV Light Duty Infrastructure
The amounts above are all less than or equal to amounts shown.
Request for Information - Tugboats
The Department of Ecology is requesting information regarding potential grant opportunities to scrap and replace/repower pre-Tier 3 diesel tugboat primary propulsion and/or auxiliary engines. Eligible engine replacements include new Tier 3 or Tier 4 diesel or alternate fueled engines, all electric engines, or engines with an EPA verified upgrade or certified remanufacture system. Ecology will use this information to understand the interest for grants to scrap and replace/repower publicly and privately owned tugboat engines. This request for information does not guarantee any commitment to dedicate funds for projects. Potential funding sources include the federal Volkswagen Settlement, Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA), or other state funding sources. Typical grant programs might fund up to 25% of the repower cost, amounting to awards of $25,000 to $250,000 per engine, depending on engine size. This request for information applies only to tugboats. It does not apply to other marine vessels, such as ferries or fishing boats.
Interested parties should submit by December 14, 2018, all information in the attached spreadsheet to: Mike Boyer, Air Quality Program, Department of Ecology, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-407-6863.
SB6095. Provides that 15% of the VW Settlement funds shall be used for light duty EV infrastructure. Includes a school bus replacement program that appears to be funded outside of the VW settlement as follows: up to $12 million to replace pre-2001 school buses, $9.75 million to replace pre-2007 transit buses, $6.65 million to replace state owned gas or diesel vehicles with electric vehicles. Status: substitute version 2/21/18 repeals provisions adopted in SB 6090 concerning VW funding; new provisions set aside 15 percent for light duty EV infrastructure. For the remaining 85 percent, Ecology shall use a competitive process to identify projects that maximize the air pollution reductions and health benefits, and accelerate fleet turnover to the cleanest engines and accelerate adoption of electric vehicles, equipment and vessels; passed Senate 2/23/18; passed House 3/6/18; enrolled version continues to have school bus grant program but the $6.65 million is now $5.45 million, and $1.2 million is set aside for clean trucks at port; Senate agrees to House changes 3/8/18; enacted 3/27/18 with line-item veto.