The Department of Environmental Quality issued a Final Beneficiary Mitigation Plan in May 2018. A link to the plan is provided below. The plan indicates that Wyoming DEQ will issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) soliciting project proposals that meet the Eligible Mitigation Actions criteria. The Plan also indicates that WY intends to focus on funding eligible mitigation categories: 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, and 10. Category 1 - Class 8 Freight Trucks; Category 2 - Class 4 - 8 School Buses, Shuttle Buses, and Transit Buses. Category 6 - Class 4 - 7 Local Freight Trucks. Category 7 - Ground Service Equipment. Category 9 - Light Duty ZEV Infrastructure. Category 10 - DERA. The Plan does not indicate whether a certain percentage of funding is to be reserved for the different categories or whether a certain percentage will be set aside for government fleets. These details should be addressed in the RFP.
The Plan does indicate that the following criteria will be used in selection and ranking of proposals received:
- Greatest NOX emissions reductions.
- Cost/benefit - Projects that achieve the highest emission reductions at the lowest cost.
- Potential for achieving measurable NOX emission reductions in nonattainment areas.
- NOX emission reduction benefits to areas of greater population density.
- NOX emission reduction benefits to sensitive populations, such as children and the elderly.
80% Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks, Buses, Airport GSE
Up to 15% EV Light Duty Infrastructure
Wyoming authorities in February 2019 released a new funding opportunity worth $750,000. The opportunity is open to a variety of different measures intended to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions. The deadline for submitting applications is March 31, 2019. More information on this opportunity is available here: http://deq.wyoming.gov/admin/volkswagen-settlement/.